Thursday, February 5, 2009

Starting to Move In....

Here are some misc. pictures of us moving in! I will keep taking more as things progress! Like this one of our room, it now has other furniture in it and a floor full of boxes, but it sure looks good! Hee!


Justin's room under construction.

The kitchen counters actually got worse, then they got better, but today I think they'll get worse!

I think it was my mom that got me this cook flip cook book. I put it in one of our teak shelves, that has my cookbooks on it and am going to flip it each day and see what it has to offer! It has TONS of stuff! Maybe if it strikes my fancy and I have the ingredients I can make it that day!




Fried Whitetail? I think I'll pass...LOL. Today it's baked potato wedges! Mmm! Better!

My cookbooks are on this case.


The front case. I've put some things on it now and it looks great!...So far!

Justin's room with his bed all set up.

Boy oh boy that boy has some trophies! Mom and David gave me this furniture AGES ago, when I was still in highschool! John just used a staple gun to tighten up the bottom of the drawers and away we go! Presto, Justin has his own bedroom set and it looks great in there! He started doing his homework in his room and I think he secretly likes it!


Jacob's first night...this was taken in the morning, I don't think he minds the move at all! He is just bummed he can't crawl around right now because there is too much stuff everywhere!


This was all the computer stuff...it's now gone and replaced with crates and boxes galore! John got the computer up and running yesterday and last night did the TV's.


"Let me Out!!" Jacob found the slider to the deck yesterday and was having fun banging on it! I didn't have the heart to tell Daddy yet....he cleaned all the windows just recently!


Linda found this cover for the couch. I think it looks great and Shyla loves it!

Justin doing some homework (Jacob was protesting to his nap and was making a lot of noise...Justin isn't used to being right next door to him!) and John with Shyla on the couch.
I will post more as soon as I can! My break is over for now :-)

3 comments:

Diane said...

You have gotten a lot dfonw already! Good on you! I bet you are having a blast setting up your kitchen and your new home. Looks like everyone settled right in. Is Justin excited being in the new house?

Jen said...

Justin is thrilled! He is going through all his stuff and weeding out what he doesn't want (we hoped he would do that before we moved but didn't get to it) so that is where he is at! He also has a TV in his room; so he's stoked. He can play his play station in there and watch just regular channels (no cable box in there). He gets to play video games (any kind) for a total of 1 hour a day during the week, so he's doing pretty good with that. We have strict rules on the TV too and made it clear to him that the first time he violates the rules it comes out. His play station also plays DVD's so he can watch movies in there. Since he lost the play room this should hopefully work out for all of us!!!

Unknown said...

You really are settling in very quickly. I took one look at Justin's trophies and thought, "Shelves!" Good rules you have set for tv and video games; I'm esp. proud of you for setting consequences, too. It's just fun to share all this "happy chaos" of moving with you. More love and hugs, Auntie Vaden