Friday, January 9, 2009

Banana Yogurt...

Jacob tried banana yogurt for the first time today. (I say vanilla in the video, but it's banana!) I've been wanting to have him try yogurt and cottage cheese and yesterday the doctor said we should try it. They both can't be low fat or non fat; it has to be the real stuff. The cottage cheese was not hard at all to find but the yogurt was! Everything is either low fat or non-fat. I found an organic "baby" brand and when I tasted it I didn't think he'd like it either, but then I'm not used to yogurt made with whole milk. I will keep trying! Hopefully he will like the vanilla better! If not, I'll try plain, I did see that. Next we'll try the cottage cheese!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Do you guys have a Trader Joe's near you? They carry a full fat plain yogurt that I buy and then just add my own mix in (ie bannana)to. It's a little on the watery side, so sometimes I even add a little cereal to thicken it up.

Unknown said...

That face is delightful; however, it's the one that shows up for me when I'm presented with peas or cooked cauliflower. Maybe Kristy's choice will be a better one for him. I'll try to remember to look at yogurts to see what I see. Have you tried cottage cheese yet? And NOW is the time to get him accustomed to new foods that are good for him.

Love, Auntie Vaden

Diane said...

Oh how precious is that face?! Looks like me when I put lima or Italian green beans in my nouth!ICK! I have bought the whole milk plain yougurt to use in recipes at both TJ's and Whole Foods. I look forward to seeing how he reacts to cottage cheese, one of my very favorites but only if it is NF.