Monday, March 2, 2009

Various Meals.....

At the end of my last post I mentioned John and I were having dinner "date night" while Justin had a sleep over at his friend Tyson's. They enjoyed part of the "Snow Fest" that is a week long event here, while we enjoyed John's wonderful bacon-wrapped filet, covered in bleu cheese, a baked potato with all the trimmings (chives, n/f sour cream and cheese), Caesar salad and a wonderful Cabernet. It was deliciuos; John is really a pro at the grill!!!







I have been braver (LOL) and have been letting Jacob "go to town" with bowls and spoons and what not, to see how he does. Amazingly enough...while he made a HUGE mess with this Gerber rice cereal (complete with yogurt and fruit) it was basically on the tray and the bib. Just a few drops on the floor cover and a bit on him. He did NOT throw the bowl or spoon on the ground (which I had anticipated and read much about), he only tossed his cup, which he does normally. He sure had a great time! I can't believe he's almost 1....Panic Attack!!!! LOL


Last night I made Rachel Ray's "Spaghetti Alla Carbonara; Coal Miner's Pasta"; it's a favorite in our household! Mmmm! I took some spaghetti out first (before all the garlic and goodies) and John chopped it up for Jake. He LOVED it! And I must say, it was a great meal for him; and super EASY cleanup for me!!!!!



Yummmmmmm!!

1 comment:

Diane said...

LOL, I made spaghetti alla Carbonara using your recipe last night too, but I xcut the amount of EVOO and used lower fat bacon bits in place of the pancetta! It was very good as always even with the changes.

Glad you and John had a date night at home. The table looked so romantic. Very nice.

Jacob is definitely part Italian! :-)