Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Early Thanksgiving Celebration!

Friday we celebrated an early Thanksgiving with my parents, Theresa and Shawn. Since we can't commit to celebrating the holiday anywhere, because we could be moving in to our new house (yay!) Mom was awesome and planned (and cooked) a whole celebration dinner! I was bummed I didn't get to make it with you (like I love to do) but it sure turned out delicious! We even shopped the next day and had turkey sandwiches for lunch, so we held up with the tradition. Speaking of tradition, we normally name the turkey, since we have to molest it (clean it) and all! Justin named the turkey this year, and here he is, in all his glory:

Mickey Bird
Here are Mom and David getting the stuffing out (so delicious!) and getting him ready to carve!


Justin and his turkey leg!!!!!! Grrrrrr!


Gram-Gram and Justin getting the specialty whipped cream ready for dessert! We had our choice of pumpkin or apple pie! Yummmmmmm!



Gram-Gram, Jacob and "Joey". Jacob was "teething" on Joey! And practicing getting kisses! By the time we got home, Jacob had his first tooth! I've tried to get a picture of it but....




2 comments:

Diane said...

I am glad you enjoyed the food and celebration -- my pleasure cooking it! Great pictures jen capturing our weekend together. LOVE the picture with Justin and his turkey leg! Hugs to all, Mom

Erin said...

Ditto about your photos! I felt like I was there. Tell Justin I think Mickey Bird was the perfect name.